FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. How the payments are to be made?
1. All payments should be paid by Demand Drafts in favour of "The Finance Officer,Pondicherry University", Payable at Puducherry.
2. Payment made in respect of Exam Fee, Mark Statement Fee, Provisional Certificate, Convocation Degree, Fee for Re-totaling should be sent to the Controller of Exams, Pondicherry University, Puducherry. Tuition fee should not be sent to Controller of Examination.
3. Payment made in respect of Tuition Fee, Admission Fee, Fee for Change of Address, and change of PCP centers should be sent only to the Director, Directorate of Distance Education, Pondicherry University, Puducherry.
4. The student should write his Name, Enrolment Number, Course and Purpose of the payment etc., on the reverse of the Demand Draft.
5. Credit could not be given, if the Enrolment Number is not written in the reverse of the Demand Draft.
2. Is there any Response Sheets?
Response Sheet: The students enrolled during 2005-2006 need not send any Response Sheet, as the paper will be valued for 100 Marks. Response Sheet should be sent one month prior to the commencement of the exam, by those students who have been admitted till 2004-2005.
To get acknowledgement for Response Sheets, contact Academic Co-ordinator at 0413-2654444.
3. What is the procedure to Re-Continue the course?
Re-Continuation of the Course: Normally students should complete the course within 5 years from the Date of Enrolment. However, the students are advised to complete the course as early as possible.
The students who have discontinued the course, should remit the remaining fee along with a late fee of Rs.100/- for each installment and inform their current address for communication. They can send their exam applications (for writing examination) directly to the Controller of Exams, and they will be permitted to write the exams. As there is no change in syllabus, they are permitted to take up their exams. There is no necessity for Re-registration or Re-admission.
4. For Examination Related Matter, Whom to Contact?
Exam Enquiry: All enquiries with regard to the Exams, Provisional Certificate, Degree Certificate, Issue of Mark List, Change of Spelling in Mark List, Wrong entry in the Mark List etc., should be sent to the Controller of Exams. Exam Enquiries can be made in Telephone No.0413-2654233. email@example.com.
5. How to get Duplicate ID / Change of Address / Change of PCP / Lost Study Materials ?
Duplicate Id Card
|Duplicate ID card can be obtained by sending Demand Draft for Rs.20/- along with a stamp size Photo.|
Change of Address
|Change of Address should be reported immediately by sending a request letter addressed to the Director, Directorate of Distance Education with a Demand Draft for Rs.100/-.|
Change of PCP Centre
|The request for change of PCP centre should be accompanied by a Demand Draft for Rs.100/-. It should reach Director, DDE.|
Loss of Study Materials
|In case of loss of study material, the students may send a request with a Demand Draft for Rs.50/- per Book.|
6. When will be the Examinations?
Examination: Examinations will be held during May/June and December/January, every year.
Exam Application: Exam Application will be sent to the students from the Controller of Examinations by sending a request letter.
The Exam Application can also be downloaded from our Website www.pondiuni.edu.in, from 10th April for June exams and during 1st week of November for December Exams.
Project Report: Project Report may be directly sent to the Controller of Examinations before 25th December / 25th June session respectively.
Provisional Certificate: Provisional Certificate will be issued along with Final year mark list. Those who have not received Provisional Certificate should send a request to the Controller of Exams, with Photo copies of their mark lists.
Revaluation / Re-totaling:
|Eligibility: Students who failed in not more than 2 papers.||Eligibility : All students|
|Fee: Rs. 300/- per paper||Fee: Rs. 75/- per paper|
|LAST DATE Request for Revaluation / Re-totalling will be accepted within 15 days of the declaration of the results. Late application for Revaluation / Re-totalling will not be accepted.|
Degree: Degree Certificate will be issued to the candidates who have applied, within 3 months after the Convocation. Application for convocation may be downloaded from our website: www.pondiuni.edu.in.
Exam Enquiry: All enquiries with regard to the Exams, Provisional Certificate, Degree Certificate, Issue of Mark List, Change of Spelling in Mark List, Wrong entry in the Mark List etc., should be sent to the Controller of Exams. Exam Enquiries can be made in Telephone No. 0413-2654233, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Correction in Mark List: If there is any correction in the mark list, the original mark lists should be returned to Controller of Examinations, so as to enable them to issue corrected mark list.
Duplicate Mark Statement: The request for issue of Duplicate Statement of Marks should be accompanied by
1. “Non-Traceable” certificate from the Police.
2. An affidavit from the Notary Public stating that the lost mark lists will be surrendered in case, if it is found at a later stage.
3. A Demand Draft for Rs .100/- towards fee, and should be sent to Controller of Examinations, Pondicherry University.
Consolidated Statement of Marks: The request for consolidated statement of mark should be sent to the Controller of Examinations with a Demand Draft for Rs.250/- towards fee.
7. When the Prospectus and Application Form will be available?
Prospectus is always available at www.pondiuni.edu.in. Admission application form will be available during August – October.
8. When the Personal Contact Programmes (PCP) will be conducted?
The dates and venue of PCP will be available at www.pondiuni.edu.in. You may also contact Academic Co-ordinator at 0413-2654444.
9. How to attend missed PCP?
If you have missed your PCP class for a Semester/Year, visit University website to know the next dates (for the same semester/year) of next batch. You will not get individual communication for your missed PCP. No need of payment to attend missed PCP. By showing your ID card and Tuition fee receipt, you will be permitted at PCP centre. No need of seeking permission for attending your missed PCP from Directorate or PCP centre.
Attend your missed PCP classes, and obtain the PCP attendance certificate so as to enclose it, along with your exam form.
10. How to appear in Exams, if missed the scheduled Semester /Yearly Exams?
For instance, if you have missed to appear in June exam, you can take your exams of subsequent session, that is, December exam or June exam for next year or in your future occasions or whenever you feel convenient. No need of taking special permission from Directorate or exam centre.
Students are free to take exams as per their choice; no need to follow sequence of semester/years, while taking exams. For example, even without appearing I-semester/year exams, one can take II or subsequent semester’s/year’s exam, provided he/she is eligible for the exam.
11. The eligibility for appearing in exam:
1. Attended PCP classes for that semester/year of study.
2. Paid Tuition fee for that semester/year of study.
3. Completed the minimum period of study for that semester/year. For example, only after completing one semester /year, you are eligible to take I- semester/year exam, but not prior to that minimum period.
12. If Hall Ticket is not received or lost for the examination?
Visit your exam centre (available at Exam Notification, please refer University Website) alongwith
1) Your student ID card.
2) Photo copy of DD/Challan paid towards exam fee,
3) Postal receipts /courier receipts to prove timely submission of exam form and appear for exams.
No need of getting permission from Directorate. Contact your exam centre Superintendent and show him all your above mentioned (3) documents for consideration and permission to appear for the exam. Exam centre venues and dates are notified through leading Dailies and through University website .
13. If I have not received my study material/ Books or if it is returned back to Directorate as undelivered?
Please Check the dispatch status of Study Material / Books at University Website. Send your correct mailing address through Email to Directorate (email@example.com) in order to get back your returned books. You should also mention title of the paper /book, semester/year details, enrolment number also.